If you undergo, Vertigo, you have a sensation like you or everything around you are circling, affecting your balance. It’s more than just the dizzy sensation.
A vertigo episode can last from a few seconds to hours. If you undergo severe Vertigo, it can last for weeks or months.
Meniere’s disease is an ear disorder concerning the inner part caused by fluid buildup and changing pressure in the ear. It can cause outbreaks of tinnitus and hearing loss.
Less often, Vertigo may be associated with the following:
- Head or neck injury
- Brain problems such as stroke or tumor
- Certain medications that cause ear damage
- Migraine headaches
You can do these things to ease vertigo symptoms.
- Lay still in a tranquil, dark room to lessen the spinning feeling
- Movement your head carefully and gradually during daily activities
- Sit up straight away when you discern a dizzy sensation
- Utilize a walking stick if you’re at risk of tumbling
- sleep with your head slightly raised from the surface on two or more pillow
- Relax and remain calm – anxiety can make Vertigo worse
- Do not flex over to pick things – squat to lower yourself rather
- Do not rack your neck – for example, while getting up to a high shelf
Reviewed by – Dr. Priyanka, MBBS MD
Page last reviewed: 04 October 2022