Social care and support
They’re assistants to aid you if you need practical support because of disease or disability or for someone acquiring social care and support.
Social care and support are generally paid for by certain people’s family who needs services or by the local council’s social services department.
Social care and support types include:
- A paid carer to help at home
- Food on wheels
- Home transformations
- Household widgets and kit
- Individual alarms and home safety techniques so you can call out for help (for instance, if you have a fall)
- Various housing, such as care homes
If you want advice or support by talking to someone over the phone, you’ll find lots of helpful numbers and links in our telephone helplines and forums section.
Care Programme Approach (CPA)
The Care Programme Approach (CPA) is extensive care, especially for people with mental health problems.
CPA support if you:
- Go through severe mental health problems
- Are at a mind of suicide, self-harm, or harming other people
- Avoid any treatments
- are helpless – for instance, because of the worst financial difficulties
- Have a drugs or alcohol addiction
- Go through a struggle in learning
- Have recently been imprisonment
- Have a history of violence or self-harm
Suppose you think you are being abused or neglected. What should you do?
Kindly share things with people; there are many ears you can share your thoughts.
- Do not worry about criticism – tell somebody you count as soon as possible.
- Please share with friends or care workers who may have a solid mutual bond that they understand the situation and be able to take help you with quick steps to improve the situation
- Talk to experts such as a Doctor or social worker about your concerns
- If you think a crime is being or has been, perpetrated – whether it’s physical abuse or financial – Feel ok to talk with a cop or ask someone you blindly trust to do the talking on your behalf
Your supervision plan
Your care plan is noted and defines what support you’ll get daily.
It might cover the following:
- An asset with money problems
- Support with housing
- Support at home
You’ll hold a CPA care coordinator to operate your supervision plan and review it at least once a year. You must frequently have contact with them.
Reviewed by – Dr. Priyanka, MBBS MD Microbiology
Page last reviewed: 04 October 2022