SARS-CoV-2 virus causes infectious disease Coronavirus(COVID-19). This virus spreads through an infected person’s nose or mouth by small liquid particles transmitted when they cough, sneeze, speak, sing or breathe.
Symptoms of coronavirus
During this pandemic period, Individuals having the below-mentioned symptoms should isolate themselves.
Isolate yourself if found these symptoms:
- A high temperature or chills
- Continuous cough – having more coughing episodes persisting for more than an hour
- Loss of sense of smell or taste
- Shortness of breath
- Feeling tired or exhausted
- Body pain
- Sore throat
- Loss of appetite
Aftermath precautions to coronavirus symptoms
Coronavirus symptoms are much similar to the common cold and fever. So, if someone experiences the symptoms mentioned above must take self-isolation for fourteen days. People prone to the risk of covid( old age, having other serious health issues)must seek the hospital as soon as possible.
Knowing about the illness and how the virus spreads is the most excellent method to stop and slow its spread.
Primary self-preventions include;
- Stay at least one meter away
- Put on a mask that fits correctly
- Wash your hands often, or massage your hands with anything that contains alcohol to prevent the spread of illness
- When it’s your turn, get your vaccination, and abide by any local advice
Self-care amidst the pandemic
If you have a fever,
- Have plenty of sleep
- Hydrate well to prevent dehydration
- Have ibuprofen or paracetamol
- Stay home and self-isolate until full recovery
- Get vaccination done
Reviewed by – Dr. Priyanka, MBBS MD Microbiology
Page last reviewed: 16 JULY 2022